We’ve just finished recording 11 tracks for our upcoming 2017 Album “Ain’t that the Way“.
The album was recorded in our Mam’s attic, of all places (though you wouldn’t know by listening to it because it sounds really good).
It took a lot of work over the past few months and we hope you’ll be pleasantly surprised. It’ll be on Spotify, Apple Music, YouTube and all those places so you don’t have to pay or nothing!
Nothing to see here, just a bunch of guys with a record player full of roses, wine, a broom and a lamp (lamp shade not in frame).
Here’s a quick run down of the songs on the album ‘Ain’t that the Way’
1. God Help You
– Big bluesy song with lots of vocal twists and a massive overdrive ending
2. Ain’t that the Way
– Walking jazzy/blues song about drinking too much booze (also the first song we ever wrote)
3. Annesley Bridge (on New Year’s Eve)
– A prostitute’s nod to Nina Simone’s, ‘Nobody Knows You When You’re Down and Out‘, set on the banks of the river Tolka in Fairview, Dublin
4. Nina’s Waltz
– Break up song influenced by ‘Lara’s Theme‘ from Dr Zhivago
5. Barn Rant
– Change of pace, this song features a rooster and a megaphone
6. Dirt [explicit]
– A cross between ‘Fifty Shades of Grey‘ and the theme song from ‘Requiem for a Dream‘ (Lux Aeterna)
7. Inside Outsiders
– Dystopian shoegaze with a gypsy/bouzouki ending
8. Wasdumb to Wisdom
– Now we’re entering the showtune portion of the album
9. John Hancock’s Shitfix
– The bad guy’s chorus from a Broadway Musical
10. At the End of the Day
– A tale about love in a call centre
11. Out by the Airport
– A lonely airport worker sweeps up after her shift
That’s it! We spent many years writing these songs and even longer recording them. So when it’s released we really hope you like it!
New Album – ‘Ain’t that the Way’ will be released in the summer of 2017.
We’re really excited, there are 11 songs, it sounds great and you’ll be able to get it on all the streaming sites and YouTube too!